Online Mobility Guidance Counselling Module
NCGE/Euroguidance Ireland is once again running our free online course in Mobility Guidance Counselling.
The module will be available online from 18th April to 23rd May, 2017.
To apply please visit: http://vle.ncge.ie/
Below are testimonials from guidance counsellors who completed the course:
‘’An excellent overview of a systematic approach to supporting a student before, during and after a foreign learning experience."
"I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of exploration at each stage of the module and the wide range of related resources."Find out more
Mobility Guidance Counselling online module Spring 2017
*** Only a few places left so apply now; applications are still open for the Mobility Guidance Counselling (MGC) online module ***
Applying is easy, simply go to vle.ncge.ie
- The MGC online CPD module for Guidance Counsellors working in Irish educational settings aims to provide guidance practitioners with the skills to support students in their quest to study in the EU. Essentially, the course incorporates resources designed to assist the guidance counsellor to empower students to make informed decisions.
- Mobility Guidance Counselling is based on a model developed in Sweden, by Soren Kristensen PhD, an expert in Youth Mobility. Euroguidance Ireland adapted the Swedish model for the Irish student and their specific learning mobility needs.
- The online module address practical elements such as linguistic, cultural and mental preparation, and also focuses on the importance of re-integration for students when they return home.
- The module is divided into four sections, each section taking approximately 45 minutes. A key benefit of this online CPD is that it may be completed in your own time and at your own convenience.
- The module runs from April 18th - May 23rd 2017 and is recognised by the IGC.
- Remember, applying is simply - simply log onto vle.ncge.ie and if you have any queries please contact our Euroguidance Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Study Abroad: Europe is Open to You
Download this booklet for useful tips and websites about the many exciting opportunities available for studying in Europe. Produced by Euroguidance and Eurodesk, with input from Clondalkin Youth Service and Youth Work Ireland, Roscommon.Find out more
Mobility For All
Studying in Europe can be a very exciting time for a student, with much to be gained from participating in a course in another country. AHEAD, The Association for Higher Education Access and Disability, developed the following tips as a guide for students with disabilities seeking a placement abroad.Find out more
Tips for Studying Abroad:
Please be advised that this resource leaftlet is currently under review and will be updated shortly, thank you for your patience.
This information leaflet answers frequently asked questions of Students of European Schools (EURSC).Find out more