Guidance in preventing drop out in Ireland - A look at the systems in place to support students at risk of drop out.
Location: National Centre for Guidance in Education (NCGE)
Host: NCGE / Euroguidance Ireland
Date(s): 28/04/2020 - 01/05/2020
- To receive an overview of Guidance systems in Ireland, and how they support all young people in Post Primary and VET settings.
- To become familiar with the Whole School approach to Guidance at Post Primary level in Ireland.
- To gain knowledge of the different and innovative programmes of support that exist to prevent drop out in the Irish context.
- To become familiar with the alternative settings for education and training in Ireland, and how they play a role in preventing drop out.
- To gain an insight into the training of Guidance Counsellors in an Irish University.
- To encourage professional discussions and the sharing of ideas across the Guidance community.
- To extend the professional network of Guidance professionals.
- To provide continued professional development for Guidance Counsellors
During this 4-day programme we will give participants the opportunity to explore current good practices in engaging young people in education and preventing drop out in Ireland.
NCGE Euroguidance will do this in cooperation with stakeholders in Post Primary, VET and University settings.
The programme will include site visits, lectures, discussions, workshops and sharing of experiences between participants.
In the spirit of collaboration, during the programme all participants will be invited to introduce experiences and ideas from their respective countries.